1 Sofa Bed
Indulge yourself in this lavish retreat! Repent your stress and commune with family & friends! You’ll see church in a whole new light as you lounge on plush, modern furniture beneath its beautiful stained glass windows.
Our Lady of Perpetual Motion is a former Catholic church, established in 1921 and lovingly restored and reimagined by her new owners in 2021. Listed on the Colorado Register of Historic Places as Sacred Heart Church of Fruita, this sandstone pillar of the local community is now a private residence and one of the most unique vacation rentals you'll ever have the chance to experience. Renovated from the tip of the bell tower, to the lofty thirty-foot ceilings of the main level, to the four-bedroom lower level with modern heating, cooling, insulation, window treatments, and two full kitchens, Our Lady answers the question you didn't realize you always wanted to know: what if I could stay in a stone castle with beautiful stained glass windows, except there's no dungeon, and instead there's stuff like hot showers, wifi, and I could
walk two blocks to downtown? Your prayers, dear Pilgrim, have been answered....
Wonderful home comforts throughout the home (duplicates in upstairs and downstairs):
- Radiators throughout for efficient winter heating
- Split unit air conditioning/heating units.
- Hi speed Wi-Fi
- Full sized refrigerator with automatic icemaker
- Induction cooktop
- Full size coffee maker
- Toaster oven
- Large convection oven
- Dimmable LED lighting in all rooms
- All new plumbing fixtures, HVAC and appliances (I only mention because it's such an old building)
- Double-headed (two-person) showers
- Multiple lounge areas, including several former church pews
- Ample on-street parking, as well as room for six vehicles in alley parking area.
- Lockable bike storage shed in the back of the home with tons of room!
**Please note this is not ideal for pets, but will be considered on case-by-case basis
- Additional cooling unit in approx. 2000 square foot main space
- Bar fridge and extra glasses in bar area
- 12 foot long dining table, seats 14 or more
- Over 20 original stained glass windows and original hand-finished pillowy plaster walls; stunning light show throughout the day
- Bedroom 1 (2 people) is Saint Steven's room has one queen bed and two large stained glass windows; the adjacent bathroom has a double shower, double sink, towel warmer, private toilet enclosure
- Extra Sleeping (2 people) is in the Choir loft has lounge seating and a sleeper sofa
- Washer/Dryer in mudroom
- 30' peaked ceiling in main lounge area; several group seating/lounge areas
- Powder room accessible to main space
- Configured for groups, with shared bathing facilities and common social/gathering areas, clustered away from the sleeping quarters which are accessed via an arched hallway.
- Bedroom 2 (2 people) is Mother Superior's room is private and spare with one full size antique bed.
- Bedroom 3 (2 people) is Nunzio's room faces west and has one queen bed with a large dresser.
- Bedroom 4 (4 people) is The Saint Malachy room faces east to the original church rectory next door; two full beds.
- Bedroom 5 (8 people)The Saint Sophia room sleeps up to eight people in three bunk beds (six twin beds, one full bed).
- Walk-in shower room/steam room with two shower heads opposite private powder room
- Full bathroom with tub/shower, private toilet enclosure, and double sinks.
- Eat-in kitchen seats six with pass-through to the main lounge area.
- Large lounge area with multiple seating areas and 70” smart TV with Wi-Fi
City of Fruita Permit #0041-21
♡ Downtown Fruita for small town shopping, summer concerts, farmers markets, festivals, restaurants, pubs, breweries, large chain grocery store, and a new recreation center with pool and hot tubs. If that is not enough for you... It's only 5 miles to the iconic Fruita mountain biking area of North Fruita Desert Area (aka 18 Road) and just 10 miles to the famous Kokopelli Trailheads. Don't Compromise your vacation - Stay at Fruita's Best Vacation Homes
1 Sofa Bed
1 Queen Bed
1 Double Bed, 6 Single Beds
1 Double Bed
2 Double Beds
1 Queen Bed
We have a strict 30 day cancellation policy. Your initial payment is 100% refundable 30 days or greater prior to your arrival. Inside of 30 days any monies paid will not be refunded. If you think you may have a last minute cancellation please purchase travelers insurance offered by the Online Reservation System.
Please note you are responsible for any missing or damaged items beyond normal wear and tear. Charges can also be incurred for smoking, pets, and cable or internet charges. Deposits are refunded within 10 days of checkout.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
The Church is amazing! Located so close to a bunch of cute shops and restaurants in downtown Fruita, easy access off of I-70 to get to Grand Junction and Palisades. The church was stocked with high end appliances, nice plateware and silverware, and truly had everything you need for a great time.
Everyone in Our group loved staying at Our Lady of Perpetual Motion! It was spacious and beautiful! Check in was easy and communication was exceptional. Would definitely recommend this Airbnb to anyone
Awesome! So cool to stay in a beautiful church during our family of 13 vacation. No complaints.
We loved staying at the renovated church! It’s intentionally creative and we loved the thoughtful touches with multiple areas to hangout. We had a large group of 5 couples and 2 kids and had plenty of space for everyone as well as a large dining table to fit everyone. The kitchen is setup for large group cooking with utensils, appliances and even large serving bowls. We also appreciated the outdoor locked shed to store our bikes. Overall an amazing place to stay in Fruita.
from $500 / night
Online Bookings by Lodgix.com by Lodgix.com