Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
We have never stayed in a vacation rental home. What should we expect?
- All of our rental homes are ready to host your visit. Unpack and start your adventure. It’s your house – relax, adventure, work, stay, have fun.
Do I get the entire home to myself?
- Absolutely! When you rent a home from VisitFruita.com you are renting the entire home for yourself and family.
Can I invite others over to the home for a party?
- No, our permits only permit the number of people that you specifically booked the home for and can never exceed the permitted maximum.
We see different descriptions of our home, ie Black Bear II, Black Bear IV. What’s the difference?
- We offer each home with different bedroom options. This allows our guests to only pay for what they need in a private home! It is always private. If for instance you need a two bedroom home and Black Bear is your choice, you have the use of the entire home privately with two bedrooms available. If you select Black Bear as a four bedroom, you have the entire home privately and the use of four bedrooms.
What amenities are in each home?
- All Visit Fruita homes come fully stocked with amenities to get you started: paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, soap, shampoo, conditioner, dish soap, dishwasher soap, laundry soap. High-end bed linens and fluffy towels are ready to wrap you up in luxury. Washers, dryers, irons, and ironing boards are part of our standard in every home.
- Kitchens are stocked with cookware, bakeware, dishes, glasses, utensils, coffee pots, crock pots, pizza cutters, bottle openers, pretty much everything your are going to need, even the kitchen sink 🙂 If you need something special, or are running low on supplies, we have a great grocery store in town.
- We welcome each guest with a basket of goodies including coffee, breakfast items and a few snacks.
How do I check-in?
- Safe, Easy, and Secure! Check-In’s are entirely automatic with our electronic locks. You will receive your code to access generally one day prior to check-in.
We see your homes on other travel sites like VRBO, AirBnB, or Expedia. What is the difference in booking direct?
- Nothing other than price. We market all of our homes on our website, and all the travel sites. Same home, same amenities, same 5 Star service. The best value for our guests is always to book direct through our website.
Can I bring my dog?
- Most of our homes are pet friendly. We have included a “Pet Friendly” filter in our Lodging Search so you can be sure.
Can we book for an extended visit?
- Absolutely! This can be a great option for many reasons. Reserve a “Ready to Live In” home that is super comfortable, with high speed wifi … your away from home. No utilities to worry about, no maintenance, just unpack, and you’re home. Generally stays greater than 28 days are not subject to Sales and Lodging Tax. Here is a link to our homes that have a special monthly rate.
Is the Wi-Fi reliable?
- Yes! This is something we take seriously – After all, it’s how you found us. If you’re planning on working or binge watching your favorite series, the data connection is rock solid.
Where can I park my RV or Trailer or Boat?
- RV’s, trailers and Boats must be parked in the driveway of the homes. If it does not fit, you will need to store it. We recommend Monument Storage Located at Monument RV Resort – 607 Hwy 340 (970) 858-4405 or Junction West RV Park located at 793 22 Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (970) 245-8531
Can I have my friends stay in their RV in the driveway?
- No, this is a City Code Violation and you could be sited. We recommend your friends stay at Monument RV Resort – 607 Hwy 340 (970) 858-4405 or Junction West RV Park located at 793 22 Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (970) 245-8531
Can I smoke cannabis in my rental home?
- No, there is no smoking of any kind inside or outside of any of our rental homes.
Can I have a late check out?
- Check out time is at 10:00am. This strict policy allows a short window for our housekeeping team to provide excellent services for each guest. Suggestions: Rent the home for 1 more night. If you can’t reserve for one more night but need to hit the trails one more time, check-out, hit the trails, then visit the Fruita Community Recreation Center. They have showers, pool, hot tub and storage lockers (you provide your own lock). They are located at 324 N. Coulson St. Fruita, CO, 81521. Call them first to make sure of their open hours (970) 858-0360.
Can I have an early check in?
- Check in time is 4:00 pm. You certainly may message our concierge desk at 970-639-0201 the day of your arrival to find out if your home is ready earlier than 4:00pm.
How do I check in if I am arriving really late?
- Late check-ins are not a problem! You will be sent a code to access your home, and you may arrive anytime after 4pm.
What is the cost of using the bicycles in the garage?
- FREE! Some of our homes have bicycles in the garage or shed for you to use. We just ask that you please don’t leave them unattended while downtown and if you have any maintenance issues, including a flat tire – just let us know!
Do you have a crib we can rent?
- Yes! We have a full size crib and highchair that you can rent and we will have it at your rental before you arrive.
How comfortable is the sofa sleeper?
- Sofa Sleepers are a great overflow sleeper. If you prefer nicer mattresses for a goods nights sleep, we recommend bedrooms and beds.
What kind of coffee machine is in the house?
- All of the houses have an automatic drip coffee maker. These machines take regular ground coffee.
Do you offer Travel Insurance?
- YES! This is also a huge advantage of booking direct with our site. You may purchase travel insurance. If you trip is uncertain at all, and you may cancel, we strongly recommend travel insurance.